10. George Halas – is not a real “commercial” pick…I fully understand. If you not familiar with his greatness let me first tell you that I am disappointed. Next I will tell you he IS the Chicago Bears which is where he earned the name "Papa Bear". He was also seen as the the pioneer and inspiration for the NFL. Isn't that enough?

9. “Mickey Walsh” – made searching for buried treasure in your parents backyard cool with a slight bit of danger mixed in. The Goonies still makes its way into my DVD player form time-to-time, but the philosophy of ‘never say die’ makes its way into existence on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, just the other day I set a ‘booty-trap’ for two of my employees. They looked at me confused.

8. “Michael Scott” – is unquestionably the best boss in the world, which is evident on each episode of The Office. I strive to be the boss he is each day in my own work environment. That is probably why I have never found my self in position of promotion, let alone management…never.

7. Walt Disney – is a nerdy pick…I am full aware. However, since he is the creator of the Happiest Place on Earth shouldn't he be a hero to us all? Where else can you dine with Princesses, dress like a Pirate, and blow your entire 401K in less than 5 days? Besides Vegas…? Not convinced? Let me give you two words that will change your mind…Lindsay Lohan. Without the mouse, we would have never met her and our lives incomplete as a result.

6. “Gary Wallace” and “Wyatt Donnelly” – are the two 80’s guys that brought the ideal of a perfect woman to every mans television sets. How many VCRs were ruined by the excessive playing and rewinding of the show Weird Science? I saved up six years of paychecks to buy my first computer, to only find out that creating an virtual goddess was not an application that came standard with the Microsoft Windows package.

5. The inventor of Cheese Fries and the Founders of White Castles – are difficult to separate, so they both share an entry. If you comfortable with ‘who you are as a person’ and can have an honest conversation, then you will probably admit to choosing a Friday night restaurant based upon the quality of cheese fries they serve up. May I recommend…Texas Roadhouse? Sliders are good and always bring you closer to enlightenment or at the very least closer to the porcelain surrounding your toilet (one way or the other). Yummy.

4. “Dexter” – is a fictitious vigilante serial killer that imposes his will on society’s most hardened criminals, which have all slipped through the cracks of the justice system in Florida’s Miami Dade County. This could have as easily been Deputy Dog…without the killing of course. A rising star on Showtime indeed.

3. Adam Richman (Man v. Food Guy) – has a “job” where he is paid to eat some the country’s most delectable foods despite the astronomical damage they must be inflicting on his body. After all, eating a doughnut the size of an infant or a burrito that weighs as much as a computer cannot be good for you regardless the ingredients. Manly.

2. Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild) – drinks his own urine and eats raw meet off the decaying carcasses of animals he finds laying around, all while chalking it up to survival - despite the fact he is actually filming a television show and has no real threat of danger…he just likes the taste I suppose? A true hero.

1. Tom Crean – as mentioned in a previous post, he has to be the most humble and sincere person in the public eye I have ever had the chance to meet. Not that I have met a lot of quasi-celebrities. Also, he kept he candy-striped warm-ups around, so in my eyes that makes him legendary. If you not sure what that means, than Indiana Basketball isn't for you.

DISCLAIMER...After changing my background I realize people are no longer able to leave comments. Sorry. I will change the background in the near future and maybe people have better luck. Until then, if you really need to comment you can leave a message with Jami - my mistress in crime (aka wife) on her blog http://www.jlee1119.blogspot.com/

Otherwise....just enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment